MTU Power upgraded the control system of the industrial gas turbine at the Georg-August Universität Göttingen. Work covered the control system, which was to go from Netcon to Micronet Plus, the vibration measurement system, which was to be upgraded from Bently Nevada 3300 to 3500, and replacing the fuel metering valve.
Requirements and challenges
- Woodward control system / gas fuel valve / actuator assembly / vibration monitoring system obsolete
- No spare parts availability
Solution and scope of supply
- CPU, HMI and core software (MicroNet+ & Citect 7.2).
- I/O Distributed nodes (LINKnet & RTCnet)
- Current gas valve assembly
- New gas valve with upgraded electrical actuator
- New DVP driver
- Vibration System (Bently Nevada 3300 to 3500)
Results and benefits
- High availability of spare parts ensures high engine availability
- Full support for new parts: Micronet Plus system; distributed I/O-LINKnet H/T and RTCnet; digital valve positioner DVP; Bently Nevada 3500
- Economical and reliable solution