Whether compressors or turbines, all modules and assemblies must meet specific aerodynamic and thermodynamic requirements. The engine will only run efficiently when each of its constituents performs as specified.
MTU verifies the performance of the various modules and assemblies using advanced measuring techniques in special test rigs at its Munich location and at Stuttgart university. We support module tests from rig design and configuration to test monitoring and data evaluation. In other words, we provide an end-to-end service for optimum results.
Compressor and turbine
- Evaluation of characteristic mapping
- Evaluation of stage characteristics and stage matching
- Determination of radial and circumferential distributions
- Measurement of transient aerodynamic data
- Tip timing and tip clearance measurements
- Noise measurements
- Variation of Reynolds number
- Simulation of intake turbulences, distortions
- Assembly planning
- Operations scheduling
- Assembly of rigs
- Configuration of test facilities for the modules to be tested
- Design of tooling and test facilities